Friday, November 16, 2012

Anyone Have an Ambulance for Sale Cheap?

Tonight the son-in-law and the youngest son were going to go to the store to look for a shirt for Shad to wear under his brace.  Just before they walked out the door they asked, "Does anyone else want to come?'

Shad quickly piped up, "No thank you."

His dad replied, "Good, because I don't think they would let you leave."

"Yeah they would.  You could push me in my bed."

I then stated the obvious, "But your bed wouldn't fit in Mommy's car."

Without pause Shad returned with "It will fit in the ambulance."

Daddy reminded him that we don't have an ambulance, just little cars.

"Oh, you can buy one." was Shad's solution.

Daddy checked his pockets and came up with $3.00.

Does anyone know where we can buy an ambulance for $3.00?  Apparently we need one.

The nurse suggested we try Craigslist.

Today I am thankful for

a cheerful boy.  One of the nurses referred to him today as "a little ray of sunshine"  and he usually is just that.  He does cry and get stressed and scared, but over-all he is still his happy little self.

nice nurses.  Shad is becoming an expert at taking temperatures, listening to heart beats and taping up owies on giraffe and the nurses frequently let him have free rein with their equipment and supplies.  (Next time you worry about where your tax dollars are going, picture them making a sick little boy laugh as he shoots his grandpa across the room with a thermometer cover "bullet".  It might make your sacrifice more palatable.)


a chance for Shad to get outside for the first time in a week, even though the experience was a little overwhelming for all of us.

2 comments:

missykac said...

This is where the laughter comment goes. Thanks for sharing the chuckle. Yes, laughter is GREAT for the soul. I'm so glad that you are able to share these fun experiences with Shad. I'll keep my eye open for a cheap ambulance or at least a huge van. Sending my love to you all!

Danae said...

Thank you for sharing. I check the blogs every day for updates. I too excel at crying and I have a hard time making it through your posts without tears for all sorts of reasons. We pray for your family with faith that all will indeed be well, whatever that well will be.