Monday, November 24, 2008

Good Answer!

A couple of weeks ago my hubby had the TV on
and it was the tail end of Family Feud.
They had asked one contestant the 5 final questions
and were in the process of revealing her answers.
One of the questions was
"What is something that belongs to you
that you wouldn't want to see smoke coming out of?"
My husband and I came up with what we thought
were some pretty good answers -
my car, my house , the oven,
before they showed her answer.
She had said "my washing machine"
and she received a few points,
but not too many.
We both laughed at her silly answer.

Well, I should have been nicer
because I can truthfully tell you
that seeing smoke pouring out of your washing machine
while it makes the loudness
most obnoxious sound in the world
is something that I really wish I hadn't seen.
I have reconsidered and that was a GOOD ANSWER!

I am actually grateful that I was home
when the washing machine decided to have
it's pyrotechnic moment
since I am notorious for starting the washer
or the dryer
and then leaving the house.
Now, I know that I have heard
and read that this is a BIG NO-NO,
but honestly,
is there anyone out there who has NEVER
left home while the washer or dryer was running?

Now that I feel better about my unsafe behavior -
since everyone is doing it -
does anyone know a good washing machine repairman
or should we just do like my husband suggested
and buy a new one?

Today I am thankful for

all the clothes that I got washed before the washer gave up.
the fact that I didn't feel good so I stayed home while I washed.
Family Home Evening when everyone cooperates.
warm temperatures in November so I could leave the door open to get rid of the smoke and the smell.

No comments: