Sunday, November 1, 2009

No More Nursery

No more snacks during the 3rd hour of the church block.
No more playing with toys.
No more sitting on the floor and wondering if I'll be able to get back up.
No more refereeing World Federation Wrestling, 2 year old style.
No more hand holding on the way to class.
No more two year old snuggles.
No more being called Mama in a sweet, toddler voice.
No more sluffing Sunday School for the youngest son.
No more two year old hugs.
No more practice making animal sounds.
No more laughing at church until my side hurts.
No more trying to figure out how to get 18 month olds to sit still for a 3 minute lesson.
No more bubbles to celebrate the end of church.
No more singing time where no one sings but everyone claps and cheers at the end of every song.
No more checking my fridge for fruit and cheese on Saturday night.
No more regurgitated food in my hand.
No more Noah's Ark puzzle.
No more soft, cushy chair for the Hubby's church enjoyment.
No more excuse for a Sunday afternoon nap.
No more worrying about which 2 year old is throwing a tantrum during sacrament meeting.
No more trying to track down snack bandits.
No more wiping tears.
Except for mine.

No more nursery.

Today I am grateful for

the Papago Ward - where life is a little less pretentious.
little children.
my own challenges. I don't really want some of the ones other people have.

4 comments:

Angela said...

so what is your new calling?

Dianne said...

That's the worst part. They released us and said they'd give us new callings in a week or two. Now I have to worry about what calling they are thinking up. I considered submitting a list of good callings and bad callings, but I don't think that is how it works.

missykac said...

Oh, I'm sorry! I know the joy that being in nursery brings. However, you have a positive attitude and you'll like, enjoy and grow from the new jobs that you get. By the way, you do get second chances on some. We are nervous because we get a new bishopric next week. We've so enjoyed having our bishop and hometeacher be the same person.
New ideas,new people and hopefully new experiences. I've heard that
"change is good". It's up to us to make it so. Love ya!

Danae said...

after this last Sunday, I gave Matt a list of approved callings. At least you won't have to get dressed making sure your outfit is appropriate for sitting on the floor and wrestling with little kids and you might not feel quite as exhausted after your three hours! I really loved being in the nursery.