Saturday, November 28, 2009

Breakfast with Santa

This has been Eagle Scout project month for us. Last night I helped scrub cupboards for a friend's son's project. He cleaned and painted two two bedroom apartments and helped furnish them for the Save the Family Foundation which helps homeless families get off the streets and into a home. He is only 13 and we are all proud of him for getting his Eagle earned early.

Today I got invited to take behind the scenes pictures at another friend's son's project. This was a Breakfast with Santa to collect books, toys and cookies for the Phoenix Children's Hospital.


Can I just say, this was by far the most fun eagle project I have participated in. I am quite capable of eating and taking photographs. I am capable of cleaning, painting and shoveling dirt as well, but that's not quite as much fun.

The oldest daughter and I felt that this was a wonderful time for the grandson to get introduced to Santa so a few (more like half) of the behind the scenes photos I took included the grandbaby. Who can blame me though when he is so dog gone cute?

He happened to be one of the more content, small children sitting on Santa's lap.

I wasn't responsible for the photos with Santa, so hopefully the scout's mother, who was, got a picture that wasn't quite as blurry.

The grandson was actually a lot more interested in talking to the Christmas tree than in talking to Santa however. It's obvious he hasn't figured out where the presents come from yet.





To show that I wasn't just taking pictures of the grandson though, here is a wonderful shot of the scout doing exactly what an Eagle Scout candidate is suppose to do - Telling people what to do.

And this last picture of a very tired mother is proof positive that without moms very few young men would ever earn their Eagle Scout rank.

No comments: