Monday, April 26, 2010

How We Celebrate

Today was the hubby's birthday. He is now a year older than he was yesterday. It is our family tradition to go out to dinner to celebrate some one's birthday and the birthday boy (or girl) gets to choose where we go. The hubby chose to visit the Golden Corral buffet. We all got lots to eat except the grandson. He kept trying to get Grandpa to share

but finally he just had to resort to eating the table.

After dinner we hung out in the parking lot opening gifts, visiting, taking pictures and entertaining the other restaurant patrons.

Once again the son-in-law had to go to class instead of party. I guess that's what he gets for taking a class on Monday night.



It may not sound very exciting to you, but it's how we like to celebrate and I enjoyed myself immensely.

Today I am grateful for

MY HUSBAND! I am so lucky to be married to the most wonderful man in the world and I'm looking forward to celebrating a lot more birthdays with him.

Surprise sales at JC Penney that made the birthday gifts a real bargain.
beautiful spring evenings in Arizona.

3 comments:

Janaya L. Johnson said...

i am so sad i missed it!! i love our family birthdays!! p.s. can you send me that bird video?? haha. i really want it, it makes me laugh so much. haha. i love you guys and i miss you!!! <3.

Janaya L. Johnson said...

p.p.s if you have that video of jayce, in the hotel in california, i would like that one too. :) haha, it also makes me laugh. love ya! <3.

missykac said...

Happy Birthday, Gardell! Wish I had been there to celebrate too!
You did alot of my favorite things.