Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On the Same Calendar?


I have been catching up on people's blogs and I decided what my recent blogging problem is. I don't have any cute babies to take pictures of, show off and talk about. There is hope though. If all goes according to schedule, in less than a month I will have a grandson to feature in my thus far baby deprived blog. However, I'm not sure if this baby is familiar with the word schedule yet. Today the daughter had one of her now weekly appointments with her doctor. He was kind enough to inform her that there was very little possibility of this not so little boy arriving early. In fact, there was no sign that delivery was anywhere close. His comment to her was "I wonder if this baby is on the same calendar as we are?" That observation was fine until he added "2009 that is.". The good thing is that the daughter wasn't even offended by his statement. I'm glad to know that she's not desperate to be "un-pregnant" yet, especially if this child is planning on taking his own sweet time. I do hope though that he decides to show up before the new year arrives and I'm pretty sure the daughter does too.

Today I am thankful

for a relatively enjoyable telephone repair experience. This morning our house phone kept ringing but it would either disconnect when we picked it up or stop ringing after the first ring. I tried calling it with my cell phone and even though the screen on the home phone said it was ringing there was no sound. On the cell phone it just rang and rang. I picked the cordless up and it had a dial tone, but when I tried to dial out it would immediately connect with some ongoing conversation in Spanish. I called Qwest, answered the automated questions and then pushed option 3 to speak to a representative. In less than 60 seconds I was connected to "Howard out of Salt Lake" who kindly, courteously, quickly (and in perfect Utah English) determined what was causing my problem and scheduled me for a repair for later this very same day. Howard and I also had a bonding moment when it came to light that his wife and I have the exact same first and last name, even spelled the way I spell it. It wasn't until the end of our conversation that I realized I had been speaking with Howard Johnson. Apparently the motel business isn't doing too well and he has picked up a second job with the phone company. I am happy to say that the telephone is once again functioning properly!
that my daughter is the one who is pregnant in Arizona in September.
for hand sanitizer. I have a little hospital germ phobia after our enrichment class on the Swine Flu last night.

One year ago today - Cemetery Thoughts, The Fruits of Fall

2 comments:

Danae said...

but your bogs are so great without baby pictures to show off!

Angela said...

I can't wait for Jessica't baby to be born either! I sent her a package a few weeks ago, I hope she got it.