Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Today's Spiritual Message to Me

Today as I was reading the Doctrine and Covenants this scripture jumped out at me. It is D&C 123:17.

"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."

Then I read an article in the July 2009 New Era by Octaviano Tenorio with a similar theme. He says "If you want to suceed in anything, you need to concentrate, put forth effort, and be happy with what you are doing. This approach can give you everything. You can learn much and acheive any worthy goal. Enjoy what you are doing even if it is hard."

Today's spiritual message to me is - Put forth the effort. Do what I can, the best that I can, with a cheerful attitude. Don't give up. Let the Lord worry about the stuff that I have no control over. He's got it taken care of.

Today I am thankful

that I knew enough to be able to help a ward family member with a computer challenge.
for a helpful husband that made me look good.
for my washing machine and dryer.

One year ago today - Open House at McClintock High

No comments: