Saturday, January 5, 2013

Big Steps for a Little Boy

Today Shad and his mom and dad said they wanted to come down and meet us when we got to the hospital. When we called to tell them that we were almost there, they said they were on their way, moving slowly, but surely. First we heard Shad yell "Grandma!" at the top of his lungs and then I located them in the very far distance.


It was hard to see him, but I sure could hear him.

As they got closer I was VERY surprised and VERY excited to see that Shad was WALKING!


When we left after Christmas he was walking a little bit, but only very short distances so this was a BIG difference.

On the way back to the room Shad was chasing a little white bird "fluff" and he got moving pretty fast (relatively speaking).


Every time he would try to step on it it would float a little bit further away.


It was pretty entertaining watching him - scurry, stomp, step, scurry, stomp, step, scurry, stomp.  Finally the air from his foot pushed it forward quite a ways so I decided to catch it for him - scurry, stomp, step, scurry, stomp, step, scurry.

Apparently I looked even more entertaining than he did.

Good thing the camera was in my possession.

I am so proud of this little boy!

Aunt Kevra made him this cute Mike Wazowski  hat.  I love it!
He is so willing to do hard things.  Way to go Shad!

Today I am thankful for

every step in the right direction.  Shad is making progress in so many ways.

the move to a bigger hospital room.  The nurses moved Shad as soon as one was available "due to our frequent flyer miles."

lots of together time playing games



and watching HGTV with my daughters. The oldest daughter came home with us tonight to get some sleep and to go to church in the morning.  Thanks son-in-law!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I am so glad to hear Shad is walking and I loved the green hat. Thanks for the update and cute photos.

missykac said...

What a wonderful surprise! Don't we all love that brave little guy?
Good job, Shad (and Mom and Dad and Grandma)!

Jessica said...

I am glad that you were there to take pictures of this experience. Shad was pretty funny that day!