Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Just Can't Seem to Stay Home

Since the day the youngest son moved back to Arizona, about a month ago, he has been wanting to take a trip back to California. I didn't encourage him too much because I thought it wasn't really necessary. When I realized he was going to go whether I encouraged him or not I thought, "that's OK. He can go if he wants to, but I just saw the grandson and the oldest daughter for a week and I don't need to see them again". We are planning a trip to California in March for Spring Break and that isn't that far away. I was decided.

However, as his departure got closer I just couldn't think of a good enough reason to stay home, so I asked him if I could tag along. He was happy for my company, as long as I agreed to pay for some of the gas. So...

Once again I find myself in San Diego and I'm happy to be here.

Who wouldn't be happy to see this cute, smiling face?

Tonight, after the grandson went to bed, we played Scattergories and then the oldest daughter and I put a puzzle together. It is a Dowdle puzzle of San Diego. It was fun to work on and had some interesting details.

The grandson's favorite part was the temple.

I am embarrassed to say my favorite part was the buff surfers.

We had a hard time figuring out why there were legs waving out of the top of one of the buildings, but once we completed the scene and read the words we realized they weren't legs but elephant and giraffe heads poking out of the zoo.

There's lots of exciting things to see and do in San Diego and I'm excited to see and do them for the next few days.

Today I am thankful for

one on one time with the youngest son.
Sunday dinner that I didn't have to make.
an amazing Gospel Doctrine teacher who loves the scriptures and makes me want to love them more.


3 comments:

Angela said...

That is a cool puzzle. Eight years ago we flew to San Diego for the day from Phoenix. We rented a car and hung out on the beach on Coronado island (which is pictured in your puzzle). We also went and saw the San Diego temple. That was my first and last time to visit San Diego. Hopefully I get to visit there again someday.

missykac said...

I'm glad to see you are blogging again. I love to hear about you and your family's lives. You take such great pictures! Hope you save some fun things to do or do again when Barbara and I get there!
Can't wait to see everyone.

Jessica said...

We are glad that you decided to come with Jayce. We had lots of fun with you.