Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Blogging Dilemma

Tonight it was brought to my attention
that my blog post production rate
has dropped drastically during the past 2 years.


Hmm. I hadn't realized that.

I better pick up the pace.

Actually, I decided recently
that I wanted to be a better blogger.

As soon as I decided that
something happened to the program
I use to upload pictures to my computer
and well,
what's the point of blogging
if there aren't any pictures
for my children who aren't into reading.

Due to my lack of photos -

Wait,
I am not lacking in photos.

In fact I have so many pictures on my computer
that I have no memory left
and my computer is slower than slow
and my husband tells me daily
that I need to move ALL my photos to the external hard drive.

But, I love my pictures
and I don't want them out of my sight
even for a minute.

Then while I am rambling on
about why it is so difficult for me
to produce a blog post
I push a wrong button and
the incomplete post publishes
and makes absolutely no sense.

Now do you understand
why my post numbers are down?

No?

Neither do I.

For those of you who
have hung on through
this entire nonsense -

I give you a story
for your enjoyment
which will include
a previously uploaded picture.

It is called
"The Blue Poinsettia"

When we had our ward Christmas party
each table had a blue poinsettia
as the centerpiece.

When the party was over,
the flowers were passed out to families
and one came home with me.

I put mine on top of the piano,
but the cats kept trying to eat it.
I have heard that poinsettias are poisonous
so I didn't think that was a good idea.
I tried really hard to keep them away from it
and they tried really hard to eat it.

When we left to go to California for Christmas
I put the plant out on the stool on my front porch
so the cats couldn't have a feast.

I told the oldest son
(who was watching our house and the cats)
that he could take it home with him
if he wanted it.

Apparently he didn't want it,
because it was still sitting on the stool
when we came home a week later.
It looked quite sad and forgotten-
very shriveled and unhealthy.

I felt the soil that it was in
and it was plenty wet
so I decided to just leave it there
and see what happened.

Fast forward another day -
both sons and I are walking into the house.
The oldest son says,
"I think your flower froze
one of the nights that you were gone.
It looked fine one day and
the next day it looked - pfft. "

The youngest son looked at the plant,
and then he looked again and said,
" Wait! You mean it wasn't always blue? "

























For those of you
who care about things like poinsettias.

The weather here has warmed up
A LOT
and the poor thing is doing much better.
However, it is still mostly blue.

5 comments:

Angela said...

thanks for the story. I love hearing from you. I've never seen a blue poinsetta before--cool!

missykac said...

I'm glad you're trying to blog. I LOVE your blogs. I appreciated the story AND the picture. I'm wishing you better blogging luck.

Danae said...

I know exactly what you mean about blogs and pictures! Since I still do not know how to move pictures from my camera to the computer I have to wait until Matt does it. Then I have to remember to blog about the pictures. I did just post 3 new blog posts today! Yahoo. I love the blue poinsettia.

Jessica said...

Hmm, did you get your picture issue sorted out? I sure hope so...I am ready for some more blogs from you.

Watson Family said...

It's tough sometimes, I totally agree! :) I don't blog as often either, but try to post something, for our family photo journal sake, at least once a week and more around the holidays since they are more photos to post. Tough sometimes but an ongoing goal.