Friday, June 11, 2010

My Little Rocking Chair

One of the purposes of our most recent trip to Utah was to collect the remainder of my inherited furniture from where it was being stored in my sister's basement. One of the items we brought home was my little rocking chair.

Here is the grandson taking it for a test drive. He did smile when I rocked him in it, but he was a little bit concerned most of the time.
I have two very distinct memories of this chair from my childhood. One of them is of riding it down the stairs to the basement in our house on the hill. I did this on purpose and I'm pretty sure numerous times. It was a lot of fun.
My other memory is of sitting in this chair the very last time I ever remember throwing up. I was still pretty young because I know I still fit in the chair. I have a strong stomach and I don't throw up - even though there have been times in my life when I really wished I could, because I'm sure it would have made me feel better.
I'm glad my mom has taken such good care of my chair for so many years. My kids used to enjoy going to Grandma's house and rocking her "babies" in it. Now it's time for my grandchildren to have a turn.

Today I am thankful for

a grandbaby to share my chair with.
childhood memories.
my sister's basement.

3 comments:

Janaya L. Johnson said...

i love that little rocking chair! <3.

Danae said...

The Grandson is so dang cute!! I love his big brown eyes.

iheartmesa said...

Love your grateful lists on your posts. Good reminder. ~Marily