Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father Lehi and the Tree of Life

I ran across this video and felt it was a wonderful Father's Day tribute. Back when this Lehi (the artist) was just a preschooler, his father was the "father" of the BYU Lamanite singles ward and my hubby served as his counselor in the bishopric when we were first married. We learned a lot from Bishop Sanchez and he has been a great example of a righteous father, not only to his own children, but to many, many other individuals over the years.



The other day when I went to the temple, I was impressed with the beautiful sunflowers they have planted this year. They give the temple a very different look, a somewhat masculine appearance. I decided that I would like to go to the temple on Father's day and take some pictures of my kids with their father and the sunflowers. By the time we finished Father's day dinner (and dessert) with the very extended family it was almost too dark for picture taking but we still managed to get a few good ones. We missed the youngest daughter, who still maintains that she is the very best Father's day present her dad ever received. She was born 22 years ago yesterday, on Father's Day. Just imagine her cute, smiling face right there with the rest of them.


My children are very fortunate to have the wonderful, supportive father that they were blessed with. He is a good example to all of us, but especially to his sons. I hope they grow up to be righteous fathers just like their dad.



Today I am thankful for

the father of my children.
cooperative family members.
Pima tacos and banana splits.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I love the pictures with the sunflowers too. Wish I could have joined you for a temple night.

Janaya L. Johnson said...

it is very sad how your best looking child is missing from these photos! ;) but honestly, everyone knows that i am the best father's day present papi ever got, ask anyone, they'll tell you. and in closing, you are very right. he is the best dad i could have ever hoped for!! <3.

missykac said...

I thought both of the Father's Day tributes were awesome. Lehi is a very talented artist. It's neat to see how wonderfully he's grown up.
The Mesa Temple pictures were a marvelous idea. Great keepsake!
Wonderful memories of the influence of a wonderful person in all of our lives.