Saturday, January 24, 2009

May I Borrow ...?

I came home today to find the oldest son and the fiancee preparing to make Snicker doodles. They were searching the cupboard looking for Cream of Tartar without much luck. I was 99% sure that we had some, so I dug through the cupboard too. No luck. We searched some other cupboards thinking perhaps it got misplaced. No Cream of Tartar. Luckily two doors down I have a wonderful friend and neighbor who keeps very well stocked shelves. I told the son I would call her and borrow some. When she answered the phone I asked if she had any Cream of Tartar I could borrow. There was a little giggle on her end of the phone. "Just yours that's been sitting on my counter for a week." Then I remembered where my Cream of Tartar had run off to. Apparently I'm not the only one who uses the "grocery store" two doors down.

Today I am grateful for

oranges and grapefruit from the Orange Patch.

Snicker doodles.
church basketball because it makes my sons happy and it makes me laugh.

No comments: