Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's My Birthday!

A while back my youngest daughter posted the #1 song from the day that she was born on facebook. Of course, that made me wonder what MY #1 song was. I think this is a good birthday song, even if it may seem a little bit sad. It reminds me of where I came from.                                                
I had a good birthday! The grandson called to sing me Happy Birthday, but when he found out the cake was going to be at my house he got upset and changed his mind. Oh well, his mom said I could watch him sing on her blog and just pretend he was singing to me.

 I got lots of well wishes on facebook and by phone. Today was election day and a lot of the phone calls were from politicians, but enough of them were from my friends and family that it made answering the phone numerous times worth it.

Tonight was Relief Society temple night and my hubby was nice and went with me. The temple always makes me happy.  I have several birthday dinners planned for the next few days so I'll keep celebrating all week.

Today I am thankful for

people who remembered me on my birthday in so many special ways.
my roots..
the cute photo book my sister made celebrating me.  She worked really hard to find lots of fun pictures and I appreciate it.


If you want to see the whole book you'll have to come and visit.

5 comments:

Watson Family said...

Happy belated birthday, sweet Dianne!

Jessica said...

Good thing I am coming to visit so I can check out the rest of that book. Shad knew that was grandpa, but was a little confused who the lady was...

Angela said...

Wow, I love the picture book Kathy made for you. I'm glad you had a nice brithday.

missykac said...

Imagine my surprise when I finally checked out the blogs and found
that you had posted pictures of your birthday gift from me. I'm glad you like it and loved making it for you!

mom of fab five said...

i gues i will have to come and visit...the picture of you little reminds me so much of Shad--crazy the resembalence (SP)